Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We've caved.

Sue and I have caved and hired a cook and I think we agree that it is one of the best decisions ever. She makes amazing food, it's really inexpensive and now I have more free time to learn Hindi and do other things. Win-win! Check out the pic below of what we came home to on a typical night this week....Hopefully I learn how to cook some things from her as well and this doesn't just make me super lazy. We'll see.                                              
Just a Tuesday night.
 Also, it's been super cold in Delhi. I know a lot of people probably don't believe it, especially given the insane cold that's been hitting my family in Alaska and friends in Seattle right now, but really--when there is no heating or when you're riding in an auto (the golf cart-type thing I take for half an hour to work each day) and the wind is blowing in the sides--it is cold! Check out these special socks that women here wear so that they are still able to wear their strappy sandals in the winter--there's a separate spot for the big toe. So funny. Sorry it's fuzzy, I had to sneak this photo on the subway without looking like a creep!
      


No comments:

Post a Comment