Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nepal

I promise I am actually in India for work and that I do go to a job, but I have done a pretty good job of going on vacations lately :) I went to Nepal for 5 days last week--it was for a friend's wedding, but they ended up needing to have the events earlier at the last minute, so I didn't actually get to attend any of the ceremonies. Still had a great trip, though. People are really nice there and it's very traveler-friendly--I found it instantly more navigable than India is when you first arrive.
This is it for me for a while, though. No trips planned for a bit....I've finally signed up for a Hindi class which will meet twice a week and have found a yoga class I really like, so clearly I'm trying my best to get into stereotypical expat-in-India activities :) Next up--Indian cooking class.

Kathmandu

Not sure what these people are protesting about

Bhaktapur, an ancient walled city, no cars are allowed inside and people still live there. The buildings and temples are 300-500+ years old.



We spent two days hanging out by the river and going white-water rafting.





No comments:

Post a Comment