Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Forecast

I am feeling quite pleased with myself for staying alive in this weather. I will blame my lack of blog posting on the heat sapping all my energy. See below for this week's forecast. The one redeeming feature is that it is not at all humid right now. That will come later in the summer and then it will be even more awesome. 



The woman who lives in the apartment below us moved out this weekend. She has lived there for almost 20 years and as you can see from the picture, she has a lot of stuff! We had a going away party for her on Friday night at the landlords' and they got out a bunch of old photos that we had fun looking through. Uncle brought out a list of all his previous tenants and was reading through all the names and reminiscing about each of them. It really made me realize how lucky I am to have a family here. I have been whining about the length of my commute to work for months and been planning to move once Sue leaves at the end of July, but now I think I've decided to stay. It's been a difficult month for me--been feeling really homesick, and sad that a lot of my friends here are moving away this summer--and I don't want to change my home, too. I'm a part of a family here and the prospect of moving out has made me finally realize what a wonderful part of my experience this home is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment