Friday, October 14, 2011

TGIF!

I decided the end of my first week is the right time for an initial likes/dislikes list.

Likes:
1. Being able to sit outside on the balcony in the mornings and evenings. Definitely not missing gray Seattle weather right now.
2. Having someone come and clean twice a week for $2.
3. A laundry machine in the apartment!
4. A more relaxed pace of life.
5. Indian food every day.

Dislikes:
1. Am concerned if there are lead and/or asbestos in my building. Don't even know if regulations on that type of thing exist here?
2. Feeling like pretty much everything I own is too revealing to wear. I didn't think I dressed so scandalously? Already have a suitcase repacked of clothes that are going straight back home cause they are just never gonna happen here.
3. Caffeine withdrawals. Where is my grande Americano?
4. Excessive bureaucratic and security measures: I needed 9 passport photos for the visa app, 4 to register at the foreigners agency, 1 to sign my lease, 1 to get a cell phone.... I had to have my camera inspected by a security guard in order to enter the grocery store, so they could make sure it wasn't an explosive.... After purchasing a cell phone, I had to show my receipt to two more people just to leave the store with it. This wasn't a big store.
5. Indian food every day.

1 comment:

  1. a little lead won't kill you. one billion other folks over there are still good. the air quality though...not so good. maybe you should look into buying some china/michael jackson masks.

    ReplyDelete